Get a FANTASTIC smoothie recipe...
Ok, this has been a game changer for me in terms of starting my day with some much-needed nutrition. And, I get it...not everything can be a game changer. I use those words sparingly and only on things that have made a big impact on me, my body and my overall health.
I like to chew food as much as the next person but about a year ago, I finally decided that I would start my day off with a smoothie because, for me, it just gets me going in the right direction.
Even, if I eat like a toddler for the rest of the day, at least I know that I've had a serving of spinach, some protein, some good fiber, a piece of fruit, some good fat...you get the idea.
Mind you, my ultimate smoothie recipe and your ultimate smoothie recipe may be totally different. I will show you mine if you show me yours ;)
You can either watch me make it or read the recipe below. It's your choice. And life is good when you have choices.
You will need a blender. If you don't have one, just stop right here and go get one. Once you have one of these, just add:
* 1 cup of milk (I prefer Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk)
* 1 banana (can be frozen)
* 1/2 scoop Garden of Life Organic Plant Protein
(I prefer Smooth Coffee flavor but this recipe works with Vanilla or Chocolate, too)
* 1 teaspoon 100% cacao powder (look, if you're having a morning that requires more chocolate, add more)
* 1 tablespoon powdered peanut butter
* 1 teaspoon of each of the following: chia seed, hemp hearts, cacao nibs, super seed. Or if you hate all of these, use none!
* 1 pitted Medjool date for sweetness (bonus: this never blends full for me so I get a lot of sweet, chewy date pieces to chew on after I drink the smoothie)
* 1 handful frozen spinach
* 1 teaspoon Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
* Water and ice to cover all dry ingredients
* Blend until smooth!
I estimate that this recipe is about 400 calories but if you are counting calories, I would do your own calculation once you figure out the proportion of ingredients you prefer.
If you like this recipe but just aren't sure why you should be eating this stuff in the first place, I will break down some of the key ingredients and why I like them in next week's post. This week, just try the darn recipe already!